Sunday, November 25, 2012

MY LISTENING STYLE



Cassandra L. Wilson
Dr. Heath
College Skills 103-83
November 25, 2012


                                                  My Listening Style
            My listening style is action-oriented.  I am the type of listener that hates it when I think, that other people are wasting my time.  I don’t know whether that is good or bad?  It’s the only time that I am impatient.  I don’t have any time to waste so; therefore I have a tendency to stray when I become impatient.  I want to perceive the message quickly and directly.
            I know that I have allot of obstacles to overcome when it comes to listening.  I have a bad habit of prejudging.  I think that it comes from not being very open-minded.  I am trying to broaden my mind by going back to school.  I know that I am bias to allot of situations, but I am trying to change that way of listening now. 
            Another obstacle that I need to work on is talking, while listening.  I know that it distracts you from what is being said but it is another bad habit that I am working on.  I think that I picked up allot of these bad habits, from being around unintelligent people.  I am going to surround myself with other people who are already good listeners.
            Last but not least, I am too emotional when listening.  I need to learn how to keep my emotions intact and listen attentively.  I can’t let other emotional distractions stop me from listening effectively.  Chapter nine really is a big help for me because now I understand, what I need to do to improve my listening style.  Now I can focus on becoming a better listener and that will also make me a better student.

No comments:

Post a Comment